Q1 2024 - Guild Progress Update

Welcome to the Guild of Entrepreneurs Monthly Progress Report

What is the Guild | Our Community | Our Library

We are a decentralised, transparent, profitable community of entrepreneurs helping each other learn and grow.

Our Mission: To ensure every entrepreneur is supported

Guiding Principles: Avoid replication, partner wherever possible, and always serve the community first.

Progress overview

Heeyy, so I managed to write a monthly update report without dropping a beat from launch in September 2020 through to December 2023 and then we had a technical problem and the forum went down while we were transitioning from Circle to our new home. Ouch :cry:

In hindsight a break was a good thing, it made me and a bunch of us reflect on the question ‘what are we even doing anyway?’. The Guild launched as a place for all entrepreneurs to be supported, that is still needed today but it looks increasingly different. I know when I have a question these days I don’t go to an online forum where I might not get an answer or if I do it might take hours or days, I go to AI first and 90% of the time I can resolve the problem without needing another human. This reality, for the time being at least, still means I have 10% of questions not being solved but that quantity of content doesn’t make for a thriving online forum. Anyway the Guild has always been bigger than a forum, the Guild is about connections and they happen all over the place.

Throughout the whole time the forum was down, Guild Gather on Thursday has been going on and it is still a highlight in my week and I know countless connections have continued to be made without the forum. So in one sense the Guild continues without the forum as it should, but one thing has been lacking. Valuable connections you didn’t realise you needed.

One of the things I have been doing for years is connecting people when I see a significant overlap in interests, problems or values. These aren’t connections that either person has necessarily asked for but these are connections that come from my desire and enjoyment of connecting people. Something as simple as ‘hey you two should really talk about X, I have spoken to you both about it and I think there will be value in you two sharing your experiences.’

Sometimes these bomb, I’ll admit; but sometimes great bonds are struck and my error rate is getting better with practice. In order to do this I need conversational surface area ideally public as it makes the bond even easier to strike. This is one valuable outcome that is lacking without a forum and I miss it. I miss hearing about how everyone is going and seeing how I or someone else could help.

So I want the forum to come back to life, I want to figure out who should be connected to whom and around what topic. I want to help you all more than I can without a forum. I might not have been trained on the entirety of the internet like some of your advisors (AI) but I have more social capital then them and more importantly I want to spend it in such a way that will lead to mutual flourishing for us all.

My ask: Put it in your calendar to log into the Guild’s forum each week and share an update, ask a question, post a meme, whatever you want. In return I will do my best to post things you might find interesting, I’ll help wherever and however I can and above all else I will try to connect you with people that could be valuable.

Special news and updates

• We now have an iOS and Android app
  • I’ll do these reports on a quarterly basis from now on
  • We are launching a monthly newsletter (you’ll all be added when it launches)

Progress metrics

What is DAU/MAU? DAU/MAU, or Daily Active Users over Monthly Active Users, is a key performance indicator (KPI) commonly used in the tech industry to measure user engagement for a product, particularly digital platforms and applications. This ratio helps assess how often users engage with a platform within a given month.

To break it down:

• DAU (Daily Active Users): The number of unique users who interact with the platform on any given day.
  • MAU (Monthly Active Users): The number of unique users who engage with the platform at least once within a 30-day period.

The DAU/MAU ratio is calculated by dividing the DAU by the MAU for the same time frame, typically resulting in a number between 0 and 1. For example, if you have 1000 DAUs and 5000 MAUs, your DAU/MAU ratio would be 0.2, or 20%.

A higher ratio suggests stronger user engagement, indicating that users are returning to the platform more frequently within the month. Conversely, a lower ratio suggests that while the platform may have a broad reach, it doesn’t command regular or frequent usage among its audience.

By monitoring DAU/MAU, businesses can better understand the ‘stickiness’ of their product, which can be invaluable for informing product development, user experience design, and marketing strategies.

#1 metric estimating how much value entrepreneurs are getting

The Guild Financials

Become a Guild Steward ($15/month). They propose and vote on how to spend our profit, help cover the overheads of the Guild, and are invited to join the Guild’s Board of Advisors to steer and govern the community and gain a digital badge within the Guild.

Feedback

Have thoughts or feedback? Drop it below.

3 Likes